Win10 Start submenus

2592   3   2
702 posts
Just got win10 and when I install houdini and use Side Effects/HoudiniVersion , the start menu is showing all entries of houdini under the main Side Effects menu and not sub folders…am I missing something with the start menu and show in subfolders ?

Staff
48 posts
That's a new “feature” of Windows 10. The Start menu cannot contain nested folders, any subfolders are ignored, and their content is shown under the top-level folder.

I haven't found anything from Microsoft saying so, but you can do a quick search for “windows 10 start menu subfolder” and find results like this post on StackOverflow [stackoverflow.com].
702 posts
Thanks for the update! I found similar results and have started removing the Side Effects Software Folder and using just Houdini_version to keep them separated

thanks Microsoft!
1743 posts
Edit: I shouldn't be giving advice on what OS version to use. Just be aware that there are issues with Windows 10 that I've found irksome. Be sure to mind your update settings carefully. Hopefully, Microsoft will sort out some of these issues over time.
Edited by neil_math_comp - Sept. 21, 2016 13:47:39
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links