I cant use the Render preview tab when I duplicate a desktop

1688   4   1
12 posts
Hi

Whenever I duplicate the standard Build desktop as Build2, the Render View tab does not work probably. It keeps saying “Generating Scene” and it nnever makes the preview at all. I go back to “Build” my preview is working fine.

What is happening here?

thanks
466 posts
I'm frequently running into this bug if I use a custom desktop. Mantra displays “Generating Scene…” message that lasts forever.
If that happens, then in order to render anything I need to restart Houdini Indie and set desktop to one of the defaults, like Build. Then it works.
12 posts
ajz3d
I'm frequently running into this bug if I use a custom desktop. Mantra displays “Generating Scene…” message that lasts forever.
If that happens, then in order to render anything I need to restart Houdini Indie and set desktop to one of the defaults, like Build. Then it works.

Yeah that is what I have too ;(
387 posts
Than fill BUG report with steps and details to reproduce:
https://www.sidefx.com/Support/report-a-bugrfe/ [sidefx.com]
12 posts
Something to do with tabs. If I randomly click on bunch of tabs and come back to the render tab it works again.

I am not able to produce this with certain steps, but I know that trying to change to a ssaved desktop causes ti for most of the time. I will file a bug when I can repeat it.
  • Quick Links