Cloth surface constraint issue

1619   1   0
30 posts
Hi,

So I used the Attach to Body tool on the shelf. And Im not sure if it works properly. It looks like its setting the constraint with an error. It does not set the goal primitives for the constraint points.

When Im asked (by the tool) to select primitives to narrow the goal primitives, the whole object is beeing selected.

I always thought that a primitive is like a polygon in maya or max. But it looks like its changed now and a primitive is actually the whole object. So what is a polygon in Houdini?

Ok but going back to setting the constraint. I dont know how to properly set it up. Whatever I do the constraint errors and point to the goal object.

And the goal object always has the error

“attach points were not valid for the current goal”

Somehow I have this feeling this is because the constraint should be created between two points, or a point and a primitive. But since now a primitive is the object… No wonder that it does not understand whats going on.

Or am I wrong? Maybe the primitive was an object?

Any help greatly appricieted because Im completely stuck on this the whole day, completely unproductive day…
30 posts
So as usual the error hides somewhere I would never look.

I was close to this primitive / polygon thing.

So im Houdini a mesh is not a polygon mesh. A mesh is a one primitive geometry, like nurbs, but looking like a polygon. I guess a mesh is just a viewport representation of a polygon mesh.

So I just had to convert to polygon mesh and everything is working well.

Probably this is some background knowledge for houdini users, but I've been spending too much time in max I think
  • Quick Links