Voronoi fracture with an alembic

2764   2   1
2 posts
Hi everybody, I started studying Houdini two weeks ago, I'm doing a project of a mesh peeling in flakes (a cloth simulation). Before I used a voronoi fracture in a static object to create the pre-fractured geometry, but now the client asked for a moving object peeling, so I baked an alembic with the deforming mesh, but I don't know how to transfer the voronoi to the alembic…

If I plug the alembic in the voronoi the scatter is calculated frame by frame, creating different pieces every time, is it possible to have a fixed voronoi in a deforming mesh?

Have I to fracture the mesh, export it, import it in maya and use it instead of the base mesh in the rig and then export or are there any methods in houdini?

I know how to do it with eg a color (time shift, transfer attributes), but I can't catch if it's possible to do it with voronoi Maybe I have to select some points instead of doing a random scatter, could it work?

Thank you,
Matteo
2528 posts
There is an example file of a deforming fracturing mesh on the Tokeru [tokeru.com] site. Maybe it can help?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
Enivob
There is an example file of a deforming fracturing mesh on the Tokeru [tokeru.com] site. Maybe it can help?

I told the client I couldn't do it in a few days, so I'm ok at the moment, but I'll check that page, seems interesting
Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links