Noise in painted areas ?

4274   13   1
761 posts
I want to have noise (vop) only effect painted areas but when binding the override color attribute from the paint sop in a attribute vop; there isn't any noise being applied to only the painted areas, when plugged into Cd; instead my entire mesh is multi-colored ? Must I use the override color parameter; and if so, how ? Sorry a little rusty in that respect
【T】【C】【S】
419 posts
Define it first upstream then use paint node with “override color” with your custom attribute.

So in a wrangle you can do

f@painted = 0;

then add the paint node and check the override, add the “painted” attribute in the override color and paint whatever you want to override.
Then in a second wrangle connect the paint in the first input and the noise in the second input and just add a lerp function to control how much of the noise you want to see.

@P = lerp(@P , point(1, "P", @ptnum), ch("blend") * f@painted);
Edited by sepu - Feb. 5, 2017 14:47:43
761 posts
sepu - I want to do this in VOPS, if it can be created in VOPS or must I use a create attribute before the paint node ?
【T】【C】【S】
419 posts
The same thing applies, take a look at the file, you have a attribute create + a VOP and the wrangle option as well .

Attachments:
painted.hipnc (110.9 KB)

2624 posts
Hi See attached > Paint sop defines the masked area for noise

Attachments:
noise_painted.hip (129.7 KB)

Gone fishing
761 posts
Thanks guys, that helped One thing still remains.

I want to use AANoise specifically on only those painted areas so I get a 3D carved noise; here is my VOP network.

【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
Hi , have you looked at my example ?
Gone fishing
761 posts
circusmonkey
Hi , have you looked at my example ?

Of course I just want to know how to get mine working without the wrangler, as you have in place ? Also @noseid is a standard attribute or custom ?
【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
See attached , id is. The @ symbol , is just used in the wrangle !
Edited by circusmonkey - Feb. 6, 2017 00:46:21

Attachments:
noise_painted_withnoise.hip (131.4 KB)

Gone fishing
761 posts
circusmonkey
See attached , id is. The @ symbol , is just used in the wrangle !

Ah, your assigning Cd to the attribute (@noiseid) why didn't you declare it as a float or vector ?

Hrm, I understand your scene

What if I don't want to use the wrangler and do what you did in the wrangler in VOPS ?
【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
Floats are automatically declared so @noiseid will be a float automatically.

What if I don't want to use the wrangler and do what you did in the wrangler in VOPS ?

You could do it all in vops depending on what the rule is, ie @ptnum > 5 .Which would say all point numbers greater than 5 get noise.

Rob
Gone fishing
761 posts
I got it !

It's not the best at this point, atleast it's something that works, that I can work with

The problem is, where I didn't paint is also getting effected by the noise ?
【T】【C】【S】
761 posts
Sorry, no wonder no one know replied; as they didn't know what I was talking about

The solid red is where I painted; what are those color blobs ?

【T】【C】【S】
16 posts
Havent looked inside the files but you can just multiply the color by the displacement amount right?
  • Quick Links