Search - User list
Full Version: Just want to add fluid/metaball mesh over my sand particles how please?
Root » Technical Discussion » Just want to add fluid/metaball mesh over my sand particles how please?
Vincit
Hello a newbie here, So I created my sand simulation using the shelf tool, now I need to “mesh it” to make it look more like snow. How can I add a metaball or fluid mesh on top of my sand particles?

where can I plug this node?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
sepu
if you want add any kind of geo to your particles go outside of the DOP network, add a DOP Import and put a copy node, sphere (or pretty much anything that you want) and copy the sphere into your points.
Vincit
Thank you very much for that!
Ok Now I have the particle metaball.

Two quick questions if you don't mind:

1 - How can I increase the resolution of the Metaball? I tried the various parameters but got me nowhere.

2- I wish to Assign a general uv mapping for the metaball, perhaps an over all spherical mapping or a per face mapping. How or which node do I utilize for that purpose, I also tried connecting various UV nodes between the Metaball and the final “cope” node, but no results.

Thanks again!
sepu
If you just want to see the metaball higher quality on the screen just press D > Geometry > Level of Detail
if you want just render your metaballs, you can without convertmeta, they will be rendered as metaballs primitives in mantra which are rendered as smooth as possible.

1. You need to use the convert meta data to make it polygons then you can play with divisions, etc
2. After the convermeta use a UVTexture node with a Texture type as Polar.
Vincit
Thanks again, will look into it.
Vincit
Hello again,

Ok I managed to setup my Uv's on a metaball particle sim. Basically imagine a sphere metaball falling onto the ground splashing.

The problem is that I can't get consistent Uv's onto this mesh, the uv coordinates are sliding, I understand what is happening but i just don't how to solve it.

I have the Uv's setup put as polar (even tried plastic wrap) but what it seems to do is to generate Uv's on first frame of that mesh and wrap around my object when i click “Initialize” in the UV settings.

This naturally wraps and locks Uv's for that frame one, but because The mesh is constantly changing topology I assume that the Uv's are not keeping up with it traditionally and require to be “Intitialized” again per frame to constantly follow the changing mesh.

Maybe that would solve the issue but i don't know how to “auto initialize” per frame or is there a far easier way to do this.

Thanks!
MrQozy
sepu
if you want add any kind of geo to your particles go outside of the DOP network, add a DOP Import and put a copy node, sphere (or pretty much anything that you want) and copy the sphere into your points.
Thank you.
Worked for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.