Compilation errors with Houdini 16 HDK

2117   5   3
14 posts
Hello, I'm trying to compile my custom plugin with HDK from hfs16.0.504.20 but I get tons of compile time errors like the one below. Has anyone already experienced that?

/home/milagrigorova/hdk16.0.504.20/toolkit/include/GA/GA_PageArray.h:318: error: ‘int64’ is not a member of ‘UT_Storage’
case UT_Storage::INT64:
^
Edited by millag - Feb. 22, 2017 11:37:35
14 posts
Ops, my mistake I had a macro INT64 which was replacing stuff in UT_Storage.
1743 posts
Glad it was something simple like that.

If you have any questions about the HDK in Houdini 16, please feel free to ask. A lot has changed in the geometry library, though much of it should just make things automatically faster with no code changes necessary, especially if any HDK SOPs you have were already managing data IDs. We're still working on putting together a HDK “verb” SOP example. You may or may not need to recompile for the first daily build of Houdini 16.0, when it comes out, because there are a few binary compatibility changes between the release version and the next version.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
14 posts
That's great to hear. Yeah I did have to change a lot of stuff to be able to compile. I saw you've removed Qt headers from the HDK. Are you going to distribute them at some point? We are using some custom Qt widgets and Qt from the host application, so it would be great to have those there.
Staff
1255 posts
Mila Grigorova
That's great to hear. Yeah I did have to change a lot of stuff to be able to compile. I saw you've removed Qt headers from the HDK. Are you going to distribute them at some point? We are using some custom Qt widgets and Qt from the host application, so it would be great to have those there.

Hello,

Unfortunately due to reasons not Qt-related we are unable to ship Qt headers in the HDK. So we don't have plans to include them in a future 16.0 build.

You can still build against Qt using the HDK though you would have to supply the headers yourself by downloading them from the Qt project on github. For Qt5, you would have to download the qtbase and qtx11extras headers separately as mentioned in the “Qt modifications” note of the VFX platform website – http://www.vfxplatform.com/#footnote-qt. [vfxplatform.com]

Furthermore, Windows users would also have to obtain the Qt import libraries which we can supply on-demand.

All of this sounds like a lot of work so how about I just upload Qt headers and libraries on our FTP site and post back here when it's ready.

Cheers,
Rob
Staff
1255 posts
rvinluan
All of this sounds like a lot of work so how about I just upload Qt headers and libraries on our FTP site and post back here when it's ready.

Qt headers (and import libraries for Windows) are ready for download on the SideFX FTP site:
ftp://ftp.sidefx.com/public/Houdini16.0/HDK/

Download the tarball for your platform and Qt version, and then unpack the contents into your Houdini distro (i.e. $HFS).

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links