Search - User list
Full Version: Color Ramp in Houdini 16
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Color Ramp in Houdini 16
ALMINA
Hello, could someone tell me what is the most recent way to assign a color ramp to a object or a line?
Doudini
for a curve.
resample with curveu attribute. then just use color sop with ramp from attribute: curveu.

for 3d object you can use a color sop and do bounding box color and then in a vopsop take one of float value of the Cd with a vector to float and remap it with another ramp.

for radial ramp you will need to calculate a distance from a start point to your geo points and normalize it between 0-1. you can do that with a fit01 and take the min and max distance as range inputs.
ALMINA
Is this right? I still don't get a gradient color on the line…
I have added a color sop with bounding box before this.
Doudini
seems like you are taking the X value of Cd while you want to do a ramp on Y axis. take the second float input instead which is the Y bouding box mapped to Green channel.
ALMINA
That fixed it! Thank you very much!
brownington
Hello!

Sorry I'm having the same issue, but when it comes to the VOP part I'm not fully understanding the comment about

“take the second float input instead which is the Y bouding box mapped to Green channel.”

Could you post a screen shot of what you did to correct it?

Many thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.