Search - User list
Full Version: RFEs: Geometry Spreadsheet
Root » Technical Discussion » RFEs: Geometry Spreadsheet
stevenong
We all love the Geometry Spreadsheet but I believe we will love it even more if the following RFEs could be implemented.

I guess they are listed in order of importance:

a. Have a “Go to Point/Primitive Number” box

Everytime you want to check a Point's or Primitive's attributes which you've isolated in the viewport, you have to scroll & with hundreds of thousands of points, it is a chore. Not to mention if you close the window accidentally, opening a new window starts from the top again.

I know I can select the point(s) or primitive(s) & have Houdini show “Selected” only but most times you don't want to have to do that.

b. Sort attribute values from Minimum to Maximum & vice versa.

Many times I would like to know what the Min & Max values are so I can use them in a fit() function. Of course I can use the Geometry CHOP but all the required information is there in the spreadsheet already.

c. Allow reordering of the attribute columns.

Sometimes, you want to compare two sets of geometry but they have attributes added at different parts of the network so the attribute columns are laid out differently. It would be really nice if we can re-order the columns to line them up.

Cheers!
steven
Ondrej
With the exception of ©, these are already existing RFEs. I'll make a node of that last part.
stevenong
I guess I should put RFE levels on them to speed things up eh?

I have an additional RFE after reading the Help documentation about the Geo Select button:

d. Allow the selected Points or Primitives to be transferred into a Group ala “Create Group from Selection” in the old Model SOP

Or have a button that will Append orBranch a Group SOP with the selected points or primitives. Even better will be to Append or Branch any SOP with the selection.

Thanks Ondrej!

Cheers!
steven
ben simons
The SOP Spreadsheet reminds me of the CHOP “Extended Information” .

One thing which is kinda annoying is the Extended Info window is not live. If you change parameters, the data in the window does not update. This is unlike the SOP Spreadsheet which does update. It makes the Extended Info window fairly useless (there's little point leaving it around).

At the least, perhaps the window could have an “update” button. That might be better for performance. At the moment you have to repeatedly reselect Extended Info from the CHOP RMB Menu for it to update. IMHO it's probably better to have it automatically update.

RFE: Make the data in the CHOP Extended Information Window keep up to date.

cheers,
ben.
rafal
Thanks, RFEs for (d) and for CHOP info have been submitted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.