Is the manipulator broken in 16?

1194   2   0
166 posts
Hello,

I am trying out Houdini 16 (version 16.0.504.20), and something is different from before: let's say you're inside a geometry node, and inside you are merging two meshes. One of the meshes has a Transform SOP before the merge. You put the display flag on the merge and then select the Transform SOP.

If you now press Enter to activate the manipulator, nothing happens. For the manipulator gizmo to show up, I have to put the display flag on the Transform SOP. This is horrible, it breaks my workflow pretty badly. Another example would be manipulating points on a curve while displaying a SOP further down stream. Not possible anymore.

What I am seeing in the top left corner of the 3D viewport is that the node name does not change if I select another node in my node graph (the 3D viewport is not pinned btw). So in the previous example, as long as the Display flag is on the Merge, the top left of the 3D viewport remains on Merge even if I select another node.

Also, in previous versions when selecting a node that doesn't have the display flag, a wireframe of that node would come up. This also is not happening anymore. Is all of this expected behavior? I badly need an option to change it to the old workflow.
2528 posts
Hmm…it seems to work for me.

When you get to the step where you press ENTER make sure your mouse is over the 3D viewport.
Edited by Enivob - March 27, 2017 09:04:03

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (186.3 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
166 posts
Okay, this is weird. I launched the program, tried it out and it's working flawlessly now. I didn't do anything differently yesterday and it did not work then. I probably should have restarted Houdini yesterday before posting, it may have been some weird graphics display thing.

Thank you for testing it, it seems to be alright!
  • Quick Links