Search - User list
Full Version: BUG: VOP String Parameters
Root » Technical Discussion » BUG: VOP String Parameters
Mario Marengo
Hi SESI,

A string parameter to a VOP normally gets inserted into the output code surrounded with double-quotes, which is a good thing. But when that parameter is made “invisible”, its vex representation (in the output code) loses the quotes.
I think its in-code representation should always be in quotes, regardless of its visibility state.

Cheers.
mtucker
I couldn't replicate this problem. I put down a VEX Surface VOPNET, put a Parameter VOP inside set to type String, with a default value of Hello. In the Vex code, the word Hello was enclosed in quotes. I then made the Parameter invisible and the word Hello was still enclosed in quotes. This was in 8.0.383 and my latest build. Is there more to duplicating this issue? Or am I misunderstanding completely?

Thanks,
Mark
Mario Marengo
mtucker
I couldn't replicate this problem.Mark

Hi Mark,

You're right in that the problem doesn't show up with the ParameterVOP. It seems to only happen with parameter definitions in custom vops.
I'm including a hip file to replicate:

1. Open TestString.hip and go into /vex/surface1. In there there is a custom VOP called testString1 with a single string parameter “String”.

2. Open the “Type Properties…” dialogue for the testString1 VOP and also open up a “View Code From VOP Network…” window. In the code window, notice how both sides of the equality conditional are enclosed in quotes. So far so good.

3. In the “Type Properties…” dialogue, set the parameter “String” to “invisible”, hit “Apply”, and refresh the code window. The left side of the conditional should have lost the enclosing quotes (at least it does over here).

I'm testing this on H8.0.412 (SuSE 10)

Thanks.
mtucker
Ah, my mistake. Far too much overloading of the term “parameter”. Thanks for the example. I've submitted a bug for this.

Thanks,
Mark
mtucker
This bug is now fixed (in 8.0.415 and above).

Mark
Mario Marengo
mtucker
This bug is now fixed (in 8.0.415 and above).

Thanks Mark!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.