H16 Auto Rig

2270   4   1
40 posts
Hi all

I am new to houdini

First import my mesh, then use new H16 Autorig,placed the joints, before click on Generate Rig I saved the file but

give me this window ( attached )

what does it mean? what should I do?
Edited by FarrokhSarram - March 28, 2017 12:49:13
806 posts
Moin,

the attachment does not seem to have made it yet …

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
Staff
3455 posts
just a guess - because the image didn't attach…

by default Houdini is set to not save Digital Assets in hip files, but the Autorigs are set to save the asset in the hip file, this can be changed in the New Autorig dialog.
So this popup (I'm guessing) is just Houdini letting you know that you are saving the Asset into the Hip file which is not what your preferences are set to…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
40 posts
Thank you arctor

I do not know why is not attaching!!!!!

the windows message is this :

“ Although you have turned off the option to save Definition to hip File,some current
definition are coming from the embeded OTL. definitions have been saved to the Hip file.”

After saving the file and open it, in AutoRig is empty, I should start from beginig, I try load but can not????

I am doing something wrong
806 posts
All is good. It is not an error, you are not doing anything wrong.
Houdini is just trying to be nice to you, saving some data to your project file so that you can later tweak your setup.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links