How to archive a full hip with with all relative reference file then .... spreasheet with all images/paths being used in the current loaded scene?

4454   5   2
255 posts
I think all is said in the tittle isn it?

—-
Vincent Thomas (Avalailable early summer 2017)
Senior Lighting Lookdev / Env DigiMatte Artist / Creative Designer VFX supervisor
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
2529 posts
Looking for After Effects collect eh?

It does not exist for Houdini. If you used the project feature all your assets should be in one folder so just archive that. But it sounds like you did not bother to copy images into your project texture folder before you referenced them in your Houdini scenes.

You can either write a script that examines all nodes that reference images or just go through them one at a time and locate image references. Once located, copy the file to the local texture folder and then change the filename to reference the folder using either $HIP or $JOB. $HIP/textures/my_stone_tile.tif
Edited by Enivob - March 30, 2017 08:51:22
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
4435 posts
There is a HOM function, hou.fileReferences(). I don't think it is guaranteed to be complete, and certainly if you use expressions to reference files (especially expressions involving $F) you may not get a complete list. But it will provide a good starting point. See http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/hou/fileReferences [sidefx.com] for all the details.
2529 posts
@mtucker: Thanks for fileReferences(), that is a great start to writing a collect routine for Houdini.You can detect which SHOP node is referencing an image. I noticed it does not work for File nodes or Attribute From Map. Is fileReference() purely for materials and not other node types?
Edited by Enivob - March 30, 2017 14:51:42

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (107.3 KB)
ap_gather_paths.hiplc (121.6 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
I tried fileReferences(),some time it will crash houdini and some time get pram is None but the path has something in it

my code:
for J_parm,J_path in hou.fileReferences():
print ‘——————–’
print J_parm
print J_path
print ‘####################’

None
$HIP/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/otls/OPlibDop.hda
####################
——————–
None
$HIP/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/otls/OPlibDriver.hda