Search - User list
Full Version: Rating topics on the Forum
Root » Technical Discussion » Rating topics on the Forum
louis dunlevy
Can we have a rating mechanism for the Forum?

8)
rafal
This may be a good idea. But, what in particular would you like to rate? (The forum itself, the posts, or the replies, …? )
louis dunlevy
Well if people sent in photos we could rate their sense of style.. :idea:

I think many people find they spend a lot of time trawling through the posts to get the juicy bits posted by the big guns out there. If, like the Exchange, there was a way to popularise threads (or even categorise them), the good word would get out there in a more efficient manner. 8)

Louis
JColdrick
Someone's been hanging out on Slashdot too much…

Cheers,

J.C.
rafal
Sounds good. I will sumbit an RFE for that. Thanks.
wolfwood
Actually this is a pretty good idea. Half the time some dev or houdini user will have some unrelated comment that is a nugget of pure gold. Having a rating system would help draw people to a thread that they might have othwerwise ignored.

Then again….you could get what happens on video game forums where one guy says something semi-intellegent but you have to read through 50 posts of
“wtfbbq!?” and “quoted for truth” posts before you get to the nugget. But that shouldn't be a problem here.

deecue
as much as i like the idea.. i have to be honest and say i don't really know if i'd actually take the time to rate a post or reply (and i get the feeling that a lot of other people wouldn't as well).. but hey, go for it if you really want to
wolfwood
deecue
as much as i like the idea.. i have to be honest and say i don't really know if i'd actually take the time to rate a post or reply (and i get the feeling that a lot of other people wouldn't as well).. but hey, go for it if you really want to

Well that's just it….if you DO see a post that is rated it means it was good enough for someone to take the time to say so.
JColdrick
Wolfwood's just bitter cuz' all his meta-moderating gets completely ignored on Slashdot. In his endless lust for power, he'll be really happy to rate RFE's…

J.C.
wolfwood
-1 : Troll.
louis dunlevy
Guys!!

This was a serious post goddamn it!!! :twisted: Who's gonna rate this thread now? Jeez! Go and hijack someone else's thread… :arrow:
catlee
While this is not something we're likely to implement ourselves since we're using 3rd party forum software, I'm open to suggestions if anybody has seen a good phpbb rating mod.
louis dunlevy
'fraid I'm in the lower echelons of the geek fiefdom when it comes to that! Definitely worth persueing though.

What about the option of getting users to put a category on a thread when they start one? A little menu with DOPs CHOPs FOPs BLOPs etc.. ?

Beers
L

:wink:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.