Search - User list
Full Version: Assets not works properly after project restart
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Assets not works properly after project restart
Ivan_Titov
Hi.
Is it just me or it's a common issue:
Operator Path inputs has to be reassigned every time for every digital asset that are already placed on the map after reopening unreal engine project. If it's not done, after rebake or any other asset modification in UE, the digital asset thinks that it's operator path inputs have no data assigned to them.

Very simple example:
1. Create digital asset that scales object from operator path input by 10.
2. Import to UE.
3. Create a map.
4. Place a cube.
5. Place an asset onto the scene.
6. Assign cube to digital assets operator path input (world outliner input -> select cube)
7. See the result. Cube scaled by 10. All good!
8. Save the map and close Unreal Engine.
9. Reopen Unreal Engine, open saved map.
10. Click “Recook Asset”. Error here. Houdini icon mesh will be displayed instead of scaled cube. Which means that there is no cube assigned to operator path input. But it does!
11. It can be fixed by reassigning the cube to digital asset's operator path input and recooking again. But after another project launch it has to be done again and again and again.

How can it be fixed? Thanks!
dpernuit
Hi Ivan,

Seems like a bug to me! You're right, objpath parameters should be saved with the asset when saving the level, and should not need to be reassigned after loading the level..
This issue also happens with other type of inputs.

I'll let you know once this issue is fixed.
dpernuit
Hi,

This is fixed in today's version of the plug-in (16.0.611).
Ivan_Titov
Awesome! Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.