Gridmarkets, Zync, etc

3312   5   4
208 posts
I uploaded a pyro test to Gridmarkets cloud render. The submission, render manager, upload all pretty seamless but I am wondering about the bang for the pyro buck. Roughly 30 frames took about 1 minute each to render and cost about a $1 a frame. Does that seem reasonable / comparable to other renderfarms?

For reference, my Mac Pro 64GB dual d700s estimates the same frames at about 16 min/frame.
I'll run the same test on Znyc but they haven't updated to the latest Houdini version yet.
I haven't tried cloud since AWS fell by the wayside. Anyone else compare these lately? Naively I had hoped they would be cheap enought I wouldn't really have to think about it. AWS was pretty inexpensive.
62 posts
Hi Kevin,

It has been a while since you posted this question. GridMarkets has since implemented a number of enhancements, including support for Nuke, Renderman (RedShift coming) and a new “Economy” service - which renders at a 30% discount vs. the “Standard” service.

To put the discounted service into perspective, the 240 frame job that you previously ran would consume roughly 10 credits (i.e. 4 cents per frame) using Economy.

Mark
Edited by markedwardross - Nov. 8, 2017 13:50:13
MER
603 posts
markedwardross
GridMarkets has since implemented a number of enhancements, including support for Nuke, Renderman (RedShift coming) and a new “Economy” service - which renders at a 30% discount vs. the “Standard” service. Mark

Hi, I'd love to Beta your Redshift support. I've been hoping you guys would adopt Redshift. Being able to Sim and Render in the Cloud without huge data I/O would be a dream!
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
62 posts
Hi Daryl,

Great to hear. If ok with you - I've added you to our list of RedShift private beta testers. Stay tuned.

If interested, we are also looking for one more willing party to pound on our (free while in private beta) Renderman solution - before releasing it for general use. Ping me at Mark.Ross@GridMarkets.com if of interest.

Mark
MER
603 posts
markedwardross
If ok with you - I've added you to our list of RedShift private beta testers. Stay tuned.

Yes, thats perfect. Thanks.
Edited by TwinSnakes007 - Nov. 8, 2017 14:20:43
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
62 posts
UPDATE: GridMarkets has launched a new Redshift service - 120 Tesla P100s across 60 machines (i.e. 2 P100s per machine) are used for each job. See www.GridMarkets.com/Redshift
MER
  • Quick Links