Rigid Body Issue

1346   1   1
2 posts
Hey everyone!
I'm trying to visualize a scene in which a kind of spaceship breaks through the ground.
But I've got 2 major issues with my rgb sim:

1) I can't find a reliable way of defining the mass of the Ground. All the pieces - altough they are about 5m long - fly through the air as if they would be “pieces of paper”.

2) I don't want to break all of the geometry - just those pieces which are in contact with the keyframed object, the other parts of my ground should stay still.

For hours I've been searching for answers and obviosly couldn't find any.

Thanks for every bit of help!
806 posts
Moin,

well … you didn't ask questions, so answers are hard to come up with :-D

Depending on how you set up your scene, your simulation and your Espresso, you should find a “mass” definition in the RBD objects' “physical” tab (you can either specify density or mass, but both really only give some RELATIVE numbers against other objects, in the end you will want to “art direct” the behavior of the objects more than a “real” physical calculation). It is possible that you want to play with dampening values for individual objects more than relying on maybe-realistic calculations.

Also depending on your scene setup you will probably want to vary the glue value that keeps together parts of your ground construction. Giving it higher strength values where you want less destruction et vice versa - or you only “deconstruct” those areas that you want to destroy and leave the rest intact to begin with. What *looks* best really depends on what you need, what you have and how you set things up.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links