BUG: Can't render from subnet

6611   9   2
7024 posts
Hello,
I'm trying to render Mantra or OGL from an Object network that is inside a COP network. I'm trying to build a warper for COPs )
However, Mantra steadfastly refuses to put the object definitions into the IFD file, which makes for a somewhat disappointing render. The OGL renderer fairs no better. For testing I'm using absolute paths to the geometry.
See attached. Is this a known (serious) limitation? Am I doing something wrong? It correctly puts the Light definitions in though, so I'm guessing it's a bug.

Cheers,

Peter B

Attachments:
ImageWarper.hip.zip (40.9 KB)

4256 posts
Same goes for any objnets you put in /out
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
Staff
1448 posts
I will ask around about that.
7024 posts
Hello,
Why does the Render COP not support OGL/Object scene rendering?? The rendering is done in software, so what's the problem? A real limitation trying to make integrated COP OTLs.

Cheers,

Peter B
7024 posts
Sorry to pester, any news?
Staff
5156 posts
The render COP does not do OGL renders because the render occurs in a separate thread (so it can be user-interruptable). And OGL calls from anything other than the main thread crash Houdini immediately. So for now, no support for OpenGL rendering.
7024 posts
Cool, thanks Mark. Bummer though, there are a lot of cool things that could be done (mesh warping being the one I want to do right now ) with a snappy OGL Render COP…

Cheers,

Peter B
57 posts
The inability to render Mantra from an Object network that is inside a COP network has been submitted to the Bugs Database (ID=20749).
412 posts
So, just as I hijacked a similar 20 year old thread over at odforce ( http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/2345-rendering-geometry-inside-an-object-network/ [forums.odforce.net] ) with the same exact issue, has anyone gotten anything out of an objnet? Geometry or lights?

How's that bug going now that it's 2011?

cheers!
dave

p.s. hey everybody! great to see the H community going so strong!
Dave Quirus
11 posts
I have been searching the forums looking for a solution to this. Apparently, the limitation is still there.
  • Quick Links