DOPs: Wire Object

2821   1   1
641 posts
Hey!

Little query here. In the Wire Object DOP the “Use Animated Geometry” flag….

“Causes the geometry for the object to be pulled from the chosen SOP at each timestep. The positions of the points will be used to set the initial wire state, but will be simulated after that. However, attributes from the animated geometry will be used.”

Cool. 8)

But the position is still set once at the creation frame and left alone after that. The only way I've found to just pull in the SOP animated geometry is to use an RBD Object with the same flag set. Works fine for animated constraints.

A tad confusing! :?:

Cheers
Louis
641 posts
Hey!

Let me be a little more specific. I'm having a quick bash at trying to do a tail/springy antennae type effect with the Wire Solver.

The problem I'm having is trying to override it's rest angles. Not being big into converting a vector to a quarternion to make the rest angle attributes I've tried setting orient, up, out etc etc all to no great avail.

I would have thought that setting the wire object to “Use Animated Geometry” would have sorted this out but alas.

If you have a look at the file attached you should see what I mean. I've just constrained a few points that get animated and I want my wire orinentation to be driven by these points. Should be easy?

Cheers
Louis

Attachments:
wireOrient.01.hip (153.5 KB)

• Quick Links