Fluid Problem! not filling object

6505   5   1
2 posts
I'm having a problem with filling a bowl with water

It seems the points of the fluid are killing itself
I've looked around and googled a lot about this problem, but can only seem to find solutions about volume of the mesh, which I think is good. Particles aren't falling through the collision, they just disappear.

Setting the particle separation lower, seems to be helping to get the water level up, but eventually it lowers again.

I hope someone here can help me to point me in the direction of the problem, since I've been looking over and over again and probably staring blind and this moment.

As for the purpose of what is going to happen in the simulation. It needs to be full of water and later on, an object is going to fall in to it (not in the attached file) which causes the water to go over and splash out of the bowl.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem

Attachments:
FillBowl.hipnc (740.2 KB)

10 posts
Can't open your file right now, but some things to check in the AutoDopNetwork:

Fliptank > Properties: Check ‘Closed boundaries’, they should all be checked except +Y where your glass opening points to.

Flipsolver > Particle Motion > Behaviour: uncheck ‘Kill outside volume limits’

Flipxolver > Volume Motion > Volume Limits: use ‘Visualize limits’ to double-check your fluid volume.
2 posts
Thanks for replying Daniel

I've walked trough the pointers you gave, but unfortunately nothing really changed.
I'm also using an “Emit Particle Fluid” to fill the glass rather than a “FLIP Tank”, this due to that the tank is a square and the glass is round and when the water spills over the glass I don't want there to be any water around the glass

I've done some testing and tried some whole new scenes and it looks like, my mesh is indeed still too thin.
So i'm thinking about cheating the sim, doing one with particles that slowly drain, to get the spill and then one with water that mostly stays in. Then simply merge them together and hope for a good result

Once again thanks for the help ^^
1 posts
I have the same problem, my cup is didn't fills. Water staying at almost one level.
Have you any news?

The second image is a colliding mesh.

Attachments:
Cup_Filling_Up_001.png (337.6 KB)
Cup_Filling_Up_002.png (275.4 KB)

57 posts
It should be totally fine by default if your dopnet is set up with a fluid object and then in the last input of the fluid solver is a volume source node. The volume source node is where you plug in your emitter. Make sure kill inside sop in the volume source node is turned off.
Make sure your solver bounds aren't cutting anything off. It doesn't look like but I didn't open the file.
Edited by hopeschroers - Jan. 18, 2020 13:21:20
VFX Student at SCAD
Happy Renders!

https://www.hopeschroers.com/ [www.hopeschroers.com]
1 posts
Okay so I'm replying as I had the same issue and there's litrally no where online to find the solution.

so if you are filling up a glass or jar with fluip using the flip emitter from the shelf tool.
on your solver by default reseeding is enabled and that controls the birth and death rate of your
flip particals like it with POP.

so its flipsolver>Partical Motion>Reseeding ,just turn that off problem solved. mind the pun

Attachments:
snapshot.JPG (31.1 KB)

• Quick Links