Houdini Apprentice 16 Crowds - Issues

1957   4   2
6 posts
I am starting to get into crowd simulations and I have been having trouble starting off. I found a video that uses RBD with crowd simulation I was trying to follow along. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HfBRvjqgmQ). My issues started after I baked the mocap character like in the demonstration, but my agent disappeared and left only a circle curve. I am not sure where I went wrong. I did the same steps, but had a different result. It seems this might be a limitation of the apprentice software (I am not sure), but I do not see any warnings if it was. Any help I would appreciate it a lot!
Staff
727 posts
I just tried with apprentice (16.0.699) and the baking worked correctly for me. Which Houdini version and OS are you on?
6 posts
I am extremely sorry for this very late response. I think I did not setup my correct email address. As for my version of Houdini and OS, I am running on a Macbook Pro 10.12.6 Sierra and with a Houdini Apprentice 16.0.705. I did the same test with this version of Houdini and I still cannot follow along with the video. Since this response is almost over a year, I will do a screen capture showing what issues I am experiencing with the crowd simulation.
Edited by BrettAHanson - April 17, 2018 11:48:46

Attachments:
Houdini-after-bake-agent-shelf-tool.png (1019.3 KB)

Staff
727 posts
I believe there were some issues with displaying agents in the viewport on OSX, that were fixed in 16.5 and 16.0.817
6 posts
cwhite
I believe there were some issues with displaying agents in the viewport on OSX, that were fixed in 16.5 and 16.0.817
Ok, it looks like I need to download the latest version of Houdini to have the crowd simulation to work. I will need to wait a few weeks since I am using this version at film school. Once done, I will try this update as soon as I can. Thanks for the info.
  • Quick Links