Houdini on Laptop Sceens

2322   3   1
1 posts
Hi guys!

Was wondering if it could be possible to separate tabs in houdini so that it becomes easier to work on smaller screens, eg. if the 3D view and parameter tabs could become full screen tabs, instead of being all squeezed in s single screen..

Thank you!

Tejas
74 posts
You can customise your desktop anyway you want it and lot's of elements can be stowed.

Much as I own Indie I keep Apprentice on my miniscule 11" Macbook Air; mainly for exploring the help documents (and the bundled example HIP's). The desktop is setup as you see it below as the important thing for me is that I have a clear view of the data driving the scene rather than the GL view itself. But don't forget pressing P in the network view will enable and disable the parameters view on demand (when set up this way) and CTRL/CMD B over any viewport to maximise it. Perfect when working in a restricted screen real estate.

I'm not suggesting my setup is the best setup, simply that Houdini has a highly customisable interface that enables users to create a desktop that works best for the way they prefer to work.

Staff
5156 posts
You can also maximize a pane (white square between the + and v icons to the right side of the pane tabs) and minimize one side of a split bar by using the arrows on the bar itself. You can see that Jonathan has done this along the left side of the screen, and saved it as the default config in the desktop. This makes it easy to quickly pull up a pane and then stow it for temporary access.
146 posts
Also: Cmd-B (not sure on Windows but I suspect it's Ctrl-B) maximises whatever pane the mouse is over. Cmd-B again to return to normal layout again.

Very handy on laptop screens to quickly maximise (say) a network view. And with network views you can toggle display of a little parameter window within the net view by hitting ‘P’, so you can actually *do* stuff while it's maximised.
  • Quick Links