Particle fluid emitter control

1754   2   1
9 posts
Hey all, I'm trying to create a water stream, similar to a water fountain, using the “emit particle fluid” shelf tool. I got it working to the extent that I can add velocity to the “create surface volume” node to control the direction but beyond that I've been unable to figure out how to control and modify the flow of water. Specifically, I'd like to have the particles separate over time to look like the attached reference photo. So far my water stream is a perfectly even “laminar” type of water flow.

I'm brand new to houdini so I don't even know where to start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Peter

Attachments:
water_example.PNG (159.1 KB)
current_water_setup.PNG (427.5 KB)

2528 posts
Maybe try less velocity and or add a drag force to the AutoDopNetwork, right under the Gravity node.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
9 posts
Thanks Enivob, I tried both suggestions however that seems to only change trajectory and not affect particle separation. So far the best I've come up with is to use a attribute randomize node to randomize the particle velocities. That does a pretty good job of separating the particles. Thanks again for the help.

Peter
  • Quick Links