Hqueue installation problem in Fedora26 [Solved]

2511   2   0
6 posts
hi
i'm using houdini on fedora26. i want to instaall hqueue but this error appears:
ERROR: Could not find the NFS daemon.

i know i have nfs-utils install by this command:

dnf -y install nfs-utils
sudo firewall-cmd –add-service=nfs –permanent
sudo firewall-cmd –reload

vi /etc/idmapd.conf
# line 5: uncomment and change to your domain name
Domain = FL26KDE

systemctl start rpcbind nfs-server
systemctl enable rpcbind nfs-server

i dont know how fix it, any help?tnx
Edited by Hossein Safaei - Nov. 21, 2017 13:52:49
Staff
48 posts
The installer reports it could not find the NFS daemon because it looks for the paths /etc/init.d/nfs or /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server. If it can't find either, it assumes the NFS daemon is not installed. From what I can tell, it looks like Fedora uses systemd. It also looks like the nfs-utils package doesn't install an init script in /etc/init.d. I've filed a bug for our HQueue installer to not rely on init.d. As a workaround, you can install HQueue if you choose “NO” when asked to create a shared folder (note that you'll have to set up the shared folder yourself). You may also need to choose to manually set up the shared folder when installing HQueue Clients, too.
6 posts
christopherw
The installer reports it could not find the NFS daemon because it looks for the paths /etc/init.d/nfs or /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server. If it can't find either, it assumes the NFS daemon is not installed. From what I can tell, it looks like Fedora uses systemd. It also looks like the nfs-utils package doesn't install an init script in /etc/init.d. I've filed a bug for our HQueue installer to not rely on init.d. As a workaround, you can install HQueue if you choose “NO” when asked to create a shared folder (note that you'll have to set up the shared folder yourself). You may also need to choose to manually set up the shared folder when installing HQueue Clients, too.
so the installer is absolutely in mistake….. when i was installing HQueue server i just chose manually configuration and i did all configs manually:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hqueue/help/faqs.html#how-do-i-register-a-shared-folder-with-the-hqueue-server [www.sidefx.com]
on client side i'm using fedora 21 lxde due to you cant restart clients on Hqueue provided GUI. i tested Ubuntu 17.10, fedora 25 and etc you can never add ububtu17.10-based clients. also on feodra25 you aren't able to restart but you can do Disable and Enable actions. its better to mantion that i used my current User instead of hquser because installer wasn't able to create it and an error was occurred and i couldn't install Hqueue Client
for automount the shared folder i used this Guid:
http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ubuntu-how-tos/how-to-install-and-configure-autofs-on-centos-7-fedora-22-ubuntu-14-04.html [www.itzgeek.com]
just i wanna sat its better use older version of Linux, below i list my machines and their OS and show you what happens if i have a try to restart cliens hqueue:
FL26KDE = fedora26 kde (as workstaion, server and clien)
FLXDE = fedora 21 ldxe (as client)
vaio = fedora 25 gnome (as client)

Finally i'm sorry for my weak English.

Attachments:
Selection_002.jpg (31.5 KB)
Selection_003.jpg (184.0 KB)
Selection_004.jpg (37.0 KB)

• Quick Links