A couple of BUGS

4048   6   1
581 posts
Hi SESI.
I think I am suffering a couple of bugs.
One is regarding to the pop up context menu in the any viewport, one I press Ctrl+RMB to open the context operator menu for example for a PolyExtrude SOP, sometimes, is random when it happens, the the popup menu appears, i set the needed settings but then the dialog isn-t disappear. I have to force it to dissapear using the Esc key, so switching to View state, or using Space+t to force the viewport to redraw, is very annyoing specially when modelling.
Another bug is that when i open the floating parameters window using the “p” hotkey, the operator icon in the upper left corner doen-s work, it doesn-t do anything, for instance i can select to open the Help for this operator.
I am using Houdini 8.0.499 Linux gcc 3.4 with GForce FX 5500.
Thanks
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
7715 posts
The ‘p’ key where? I just tried in the network editor and the question mark worked fine.
581 posts
edward
The ‘p’ key where? I just tried in the network editor and the question mark worked fine.
Sorry I am refering to the “p” key when you are in the a viewer pane.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
7715 posts
Which tool are you using in the viewer? I still can't find it.
Edited by - Feb. 2, 2006 09:18:47
581 posts
Start Houdini.
From the viewer pane craete a Box for example, and then press p to open the parameters window, in this window go to the Op Dialog tab, and there press the operator icon.
It is supposed that this icon will open the same popup menu that the icon we can find in any parameter pane, but it isn't.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
7715 posts
Yeah, that works for me. I tried 8.0.474 and 8.0.501 on Linux gcc 3.4. Try quitting all Houdini sessions and then moving aside your $HOME/.hbrowser directory. If that doesn't work, perhaps try a newer build.
581 posts
Well i have view again the problem and it seems a fail by me.
I was trying to open the popup menu that appears when you press the operator icon in the parameter window.
In the floating parameter window that get pressing p from a viewer pane this icon doesn't work, instead if you want to get operator help you must press the question button.
Doues this operator menu not working due to any reason?

Attachments:
Screenshot.png (42.6 KB)

Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links