Full Version: Digital Assets will not import into UE4
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Digital Assets will not import into UE4
ipninichuck
Hello,

I am running the following versions of the software involved:

1. Unreal Engine 16.3
2. Houdini Indie 16.5.268
3. Windows 10

I am attempting to import digital assets that I have authored in Houdini Indie. Upon import I receive the following error. “Houdini Installation was not detected.Failed to locate or load libHAPIL.dll. No cooking / instantiation will take place.”
I have attempted a very simple single piece of geometry to ensure my noob status with Houdini was not affecting things. The plugin is showing up as active in the UE4 editor, and as far as I know my licences should allow this.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
chrisgreb
I assume you mean UE 4.16.3. Did you run the houdini installer after installing that version of UE4? It might be that the plugin was not updated.
ipninichuck
Hello,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on this, been very busy and got the flu. The plugin was not loading properly as you assumed. I went ahead and downloaded the daily build Houdini Indie 16.5.311 so I could use my project on UE 4.18. I also downloaded and installed Houdini Engine Build 16.5.311 and this did the trick. Now my digital assets are working and are awesome as I was hoping. Very impressive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.