Search - User list
Full Version: GLTF 2.0 file format
Root » Houdini Lounge » GLTF 2.0 file format
Ethernaut
Hi,

Are there any plans, or have been any discussions, to adopt GLTF 2.0 [en.wikipedia.org] as one of Houdini's export formats?

It's been gaining traction recently, and would be very helpful to me personally right now.
Thanks!
goldfarb
please submit an RFE
https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]
Ethernaut
Submitted! Thanks.
iamcreasy
Ethernaut
Submitted! Thanks.

Can you please link the RFE you've submitted?
Ethernaut
I'd love to post the link, but was unable to locate a “Find RFE” section or similar on the website to use the number I was provided (87080).

There's an easy to find “Report RFE” section, but the “Find RFE” counterpart is not obvious.
Thanks!
Leo.
Barrett Meeker
Hey Leo! I'm here because I would also like a GLTF exporter!
mandrake0
what could be done is to use houdini fbx export and blender GLTF exporter.

when i find some time i can make a script that creates automatically a GLTF file thru blender.

the script will do something like this:
houdini fbx export -> blender fbx load -> blender gltf export
Ethernaut
Hey Leo! I'm here because I would also like a GLTF exporter!
Hi Barrett! :-)

what could be done is to use houdini fbx export and blender GLTF exporter
Yeah, there are other FBX to GLTF options out there as well. But it's very cumbersome, not to mention it doesn't support exporting Pbr materials. Even a basic translation of Principled shaders to Gltf Pbr Material would be incredibly welcome!

Cheers!
j_peeba
I also want to voice my support for this. Being able to produce GLTF scenes that could be utilized directly by a game engine would be valuable for shaving off time from iteration cycles.
papicrunch
+1 for this feature
anon_user_58123709
+1 from me too!
jordibares
Indeed seems like a very interesting future as we blend more and more our rendering with game engines. +1
duebergang
+1 for glTF!
garyo
I'd also like to see this – and also a glTF (2.0) importer/reader. More and more models/scenes are using glTF as a common exchange format.
Pavel Dostal
submitted
rayfoundry
+1

Submitted an RFE. Hope SideFX is not sleeping away this development.
ck41
+1
rajanKazhmin
+1
anon_user_89151269
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.