Expiry Data licensing

1152   7   0
57 posts
Now I have a license until February 8, and after a non-commercial version can not be used for myself or need to download a new version? How it works? Or free only 30 days as in 3d max or May and after the expiry of only a fee you can use the program?

Attachments:
111q.jpg (90.1 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
Apprentice Licenses are for periods of 30 days - so after Feb 7 you'll just be asked to install a new license - no need to install Houdini again.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
57 posts
arctor
Apprentice Licenses are for periods of 30 days - so after Feb 7 you'll just be asked to install a new license - no need to install Houdini again.
Will it be automatically created as with 1 installation?
So it will be possible to update it every month?
171 posts
Hello, Ghostil,
Houdini does it silently and by himself, probably will ask something like agree/ accept/ ok/ finish. It will be smoothly and quickly. As arctor said - not as reinstallation just resubmitting.
57 posts
Ryu Ku
Hello, Ghostil,
Houdini does it silently and by himself, probably will ask something like agree/ accept/ ok/ finish. It will be smoothly and quickly. As arctor said - not as reinstallation just resubmitting.
Hi. Great! I hope in modeling and texturing there are no big limitations in the free version?
Sorry my english i translate in Google in English.
171 posts
There are some limitations only for rendering seems - “It is restricted to 1280x720”. Houdini's sign or watermark, as it's sometimes called, will be added to the rendered image. All the modeling tools work in the same way as for the Indie edition for example, there are no restrictions on them. The main difference is that for earning money you'll need paid version, and learning version can't be used in the same pipeline as Indie or FX.
Everything is alright with your English… seems with Google too.
If it's not rude and I'm not impolite with this question - what is your first language?
57 posts
Ryu Ku
There are some limitations only for rendering seems - “It is restricted to 1280x720”. Houdini's sign or watermark, as it's sometimes called, will be added to the rendered image. All the modeling tools work in the same way as for the Indie edition for example, there are no restrictions on them. The main difference is that for earning money you'll need paid version, and learning version can't be used in the same pipeline as Indie or FX.
Everything is alright with your English… seems with Google too.
If it's not rude and I'm not impolite with this question - what is your first language?
Russian.
Now I'm trying to export to obj a few objects of the group can not be exported to obj? I'll try to find information about the state of geometry. Seyas she's always at 0 0 0 coordinates. Even if I separately select and export.
I guess I need to create a separate topic where I'll write all the questions or change this.
171 posts
For me, the only one thing showed English is probably not your native language - small “i” in on of your comments above, though native speakers sometimes write it so too, probably forgot to hold Shift or maybe by reason in some conversations to sound more humble.
Seyas = geometry? O_o Seems you've asked about .obj exporting in the topic below. Hope that was the answer for your question. But yes, it seems to me, if you have something new to ask about geometry exporting, probably it's better to create new thread. This one with my “help” becomes a little bit off-topic.
  • Quick Links