Search - User list
Full Version: unreal_split_instances - generate StaticMeshComponent instead of InstanceStaticMeshComponents
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » unreal_split_instances - generate StaticMeshComponent instead of InstanceStaticMeshComponents
chrisgreb
Greetings,

We've added a new feature to the latest 16.5 builds of the plugin. It introduces two new attributes - unreal_split_instances and unreal_instance_color:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/unreal/_attributes.html#AttributesInput [www.sidefx.com]

unreal_split_instances means generate a UStaticMeshComponent for each instance, when you have Packed Geos. (By default you get one UInstanceStaticMeshComponent per mesh). In addition, the unreal_instance_color is an override on the vertex colors for each instance. This is a per-component color, not per-mesh. This can be used to provide variations to scattered instances. For example I can scatter 20 instances of 4 kinds of rocks on a surface, where each instance has a random color. I can then use that color in the ue4 material to provide some further variation to the instances.

Let us know what you think.
akihavana
Could you share an example houdini file for doing unreal_instance_color ?
I figured how to instance in UE4 but not sure how I can use the point color attributes to change instance color. Attached my current scene file.

Thank you!

Image Not Found
iffkhedar
Hi chrisgreb, I am trying to implement this attribute into my HDA but not able to find any tutorial on how to do that. It is supposed to be a detail attribute but i dont understand how can one implement that. Thanks for your help in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.