Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini to Deadline - Output path error
Root » Technical Discussion » Houdini to Deadline - Output path error
Eckxter
This post is kind of a follow-up question on my other post asking about the wedge setup not producing multiple videos.
This one. [www.sidefx.com]
But as this post is about a different issue, I thought it'd be best to keep them apart.
I think I've found a thread asking about the same or a similar issue, but unfortunately nobody answered to it.
This is the tread. [www.sidefx.com]

I'm trying to send a Null ROP with other ROPs connected to it to Deadline.
When I click ‘Submit’ it fails and shows in the console the message “Output path for ROP is not specified”.
Then I tried with a Geometry ROP and it worked fine.
Then with an OpenGL ROP and again I get that error, even though its output is set to an accessible folder.

The eventual network I want to be able to send to Deadline is the following:
A Geometry ROP caching out the sim,
connected to an OpenGL or Mantra/Arnold ROP flipbooking or rendering the scene,
connected to a Shell ROP in which I run a pre-render script converting the generated image sequence to a video.
Locally it's not a problem. Only when I try to submit it with the Deadline submission tool, it gives me the error.

My understanding is that when submitting a .hip to a renderfarm, it just copies your scene to the farm and executes it there.
So I'm not sure why it cares so much whether or not it finds an output on the submitted ROP at the time of submitting.
jerome-freefolk
Hi,
I am bumping this thread as I have the same problem when submit an OTL to deadline.
My subnet only hold an Arnold node with our preset and naming.
We do a 2 steps render, first creating ass files and then rendering them.
The Deadline plugin should submit 2 jobs but I have only one on the farm (the ass generation) the log shows the same error:

"Output path for ROP: "/out/fullscene" is not specified"

This does work fine when I simply use an Arnold node with Deadline in my output network…
Any ideas ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.