Water Material "issue"

2565   4   1
12 posts
So I made this island scene and I got some weird results where the water (which is a displaced grid with a water material on) and the land meets. As you can see from the image there is a non-transparent line around the Island. In this specific example, it actually fitted the scene pretty well but I'm still curious to why this happens.

Attachments:
Island S.png (1.6 MB)

146 posts
haavard_vikesland
So I made this island scene and I got some weird results where the water (which is a displaced grid with a water material on) and the land meets. As you can see from the image there is a non-transparent line around the Island. In this specific example, it actually fitted the scene pretty well but I'm still curious to why this happens.

As a newbie to Houdini, I have found the same issue but not the solution… did you managed to fix it?
Edited by jarenas - April 6, 2018 05:48:29
833 posts
Hey Jarenas,

I thought you fixed the issue in your puddle by reducing the raytracing bias?
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
146 posts
Midphase
Hey Jarenas,

I thought you fixed the issue in your puddle by reducing the raytracing bias?

Yeah, I asked here some hours before finding out. Did you come to the same solution? In my scene I had to reduce it to 0.00005 or something like that, but I understand the ideal bias is totally dependent on the scene scale, details, etc.
12 posts
Thanks for answering! I will see if it works.
  • Quick Links