HDA Component/Actor Tags in UE4

7978   8   3
34 posts
Is there a way to assign an actor tag or a component tag to the HDA from Houdini to auto populate on the Unreal side? I cant find anything in the documentation about it.

603 posts
You might be able to add a component tag using a generic uproperty attribute:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/unreal/_attributes.html#AttributesGenericUproperty [www.sidefx.com]
34 posts
Thanks I'll check it out
Staff
534 posts
Today's version (16.5.392) has a bug fix for setting up tags via generic uproperty attributes.

Adding a detail string attribute named “unreal_uproperty_ComponentTags” will add the tag to the mesh generated by the HDA.
7 posts
Is it possible to add multiple tags to a component this way? How would that be done?
Staff
534 posts
Yes, this is possible, you can simply add multiple attributes, and increment (or change) the attribute's name, as long as it starts with “unreal_uproperty” and has “Tags” in its name it should be picked up and added to the generated meshes's tags:

unreal_uproperty_componentTags, unreal_uproperty_componentTags2, unreal_uproperty_componentTagsXXXXX etc…
13 posts
So, these uproperties are only applicable to generated components of the houdini asset? Not for example another actor generated by the tool, like a landscape actor?
Staff
534 posts
That's correct, currently the uproperty attributes are only applied to generated components.
5 posts
Hello,
I don't know if I have to create a new post but it's related to unreal_uproperty_ComponentTags so I do continue here.

I did few tests related to that "unreal_uproperty_ComponentTags" and I wad wondering how I can set a different tag for each HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponents spawned from the houdini tool?

The idea would be two spawn two different HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent from two different unreal_instances attributes and each of those HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponents would have a different tag.

Here is what I tested in houdini:

Here is the result in unreal:

Until now I cannot find any way to do that, could you please tell me if you do support that feature?

Thanks

Attachments:
houdinicore_OrykNICXYh.png (1.6 MB)
UE4Editor_XyMA9yWMSe.png (1.1 MB)

• Quick Links