Search - User list
Full Version: Digital asset shading
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Digital asset shading
mrboni
I've imported a simple geometry as a digital asset in Unity. In Unity I change the material to a Unity one, not the Houdini/SpecularVertexColor that is the default. If I change a parameter of the geometry (in this case the radius of a cylinder) the material changes back to the Houdini default again. Can this be avoided?
seelan
The reason the material assignment is lost is because the plugin is regenerating the output but isn't aware of how to handle overrides.

One way to “keep” the material is to have its file path be set as a string-based primitive attribute in the HDA. Give the attribute the name of “unity_material”. The path should be relative to the Assets/ folder. (e.g. unity_material attribute with value “Assets/Materials/testmat.mat”).

Another way would be to specify a “unity_script” detail attribute which calls an existing script in your Unity project to re-assign the material. This allows to do more general post-cook setup as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.