Rigging and Texturing Question

173   2   0
44 posts
Hello, I have rigged and animated a character and would like to take that rig and animation data and apply it to a new version of the asset, one that has proper textures. Everything is the same about the asset, except this one (just a duplicate of the one rigged and animated) I have done a grouping on it to put textures. I have tried using the 'New From HDA Session“ but I keep getting ”This is not a valid AutoRig Character" error.

Any advice on how to proceed?
Brad Schreiber
44 posts
Ok- sorry, I answered my own question. Still getting my head fully around the Procedural way of doing- but I love it! My answer, and I'm sure the Gurus around here know some better ways to do it- was to create a Separate File Node- then inside that I used Object Merge to bring in my already rigged and animated Geo. From there I applied my Group nodes- and downstream from that my Material Nodes.

I would love to hear from the Gurus a superior workflow- but this was my solution, and it works, although I allow there are probably superior (re: easier) solutions to this particular problem.

Anyway, will leave this here for others who may run into this problem.

Thanks!
Brad Schreiber
1418 posts
Try the “Change Operator Type…” dialog. It will change the asset type from the old rig to the new one while keeping any animation that was on the old rig.
  • Quick Links