crowds, stay on geo

1486   3   1
57 posts
This is probably super easy, but this is my first dive into crowds and I can't for the life of me get it to work.

All I'm trying to do is have several pieces of geo and have the agents, just wonder around on top of them. Turn before going off the edge.

Currently my approach is build walls around all of the pieces and then use a popsteerobstacle, but that only kinda works, I still have agents going off, and then sometimes they start floating in the air.

What is the right way to do this?

thanks
Chris

Attachments:
crowdTest.hip (760.6 KB)

2527 posts
You could try scattering points on your pieces and then use a PopSteerSeek to have agents seek those goal points.Once they reach the goal then what? If you don't have a state for that consider adding one, like idle. Or regenerate a new goal on the piece and have them walk to that.
Edited by Enivob - March 9, 2018 08:50:35
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
57 posts
thanks for the response Enivob, this is actually me trying to just get people walking on streets, but have streets at different levels, so I made geo that was just the random streets, it seems so simple don't people do this all the time, the popsteerseek is essentially them going point to point, but I'm trying to get them to more flow around.

I'll keep trying, thanks for your help,

Chris
2527 posts
There is a Street Example that ships with Houdini, under the Crowds shelf. Maybe there are some tips in there that can help you out?
Edited by Enivob - March 14, 2018 08:58:19
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links