Search - User list
Full Version: Selling Houdini models on Trubosquid
Root » Houdini Lounge » Selling Houdini models on Trubosquid
Strob
Hi all!

Let's say I would like to sell Houdini rigged models with some animation and fur on Turbosquid and I have only the Indie License.

Would that mean that only indie license users would be able to use my assets?

Is there any way to sell models for both Indie and Full license users?
goldfarb
your best bet is to contact support - support@sidefx.com
anon_user_89151269
I think your best bet would be media@sidefx.com, but either what Michael said or that, will send you in the right direction.

As a side note - I'm just trying to be useful, not presumptuous - have you considered the financial ramifications? Last time I've checked, a few yrs ago, they take more than half of your income (60%?) until you'll “upgrade” to a 40-50% (don't remember which) based on your sales volume. And then, there's an exclusivity clause, which will preclude you from selling anywhere else and will have an influence on your bottom line one way or another.
Strob
inhiding
I think your best bet would be media@sidefx.com, but either what Michael said or that, will send you in the right direction.

As a side note - I'm just trying to be useful, not presumptuous - have you considered the financial ramifications? Last time I've checked, a few yrs ago, they take more than half of your income (60%?) until you'll “upgrade” to a 40-50% (don't remember which) based on your sales volume. And then, there's an exclusivity clause, which will preclude you from selling anywhere else and will have an influence on your bottom line one way or another.

I have been selling on Turbosquid since many years (3ds Max scenes so far) and I think it's a good deal that I get with them. They do a wonderful job at support and promoting my models and they are the top market place for 3D models. I tried to list on a different market place for a while (the second one in size at the time I think) and I didn't get a single sale after a year on that other one… Si I went back on the Turbosquid guild where i always get regular sales.

I am already diamond so I get 60% and they keep 40%. If I sell from links on my own webpage, I get 80%. So if someone thinks he ca make a better job at promoting his models but still want to use the Turbosquid infrastructure, you can keep 80% which I think is fair.
anon_user_89151269
Well, if it works for you, that's great. BTW, I love your Gigantopithecus and the Ladybug. The pumpkins are pretty rad too
neil_math_comp
I'm not a lawyer and I am not super knowledgeable about the licensing terms for Houdini, but I know that if you post an Indie (“Limited Commercial”) or even Apprentice (Non-Commercial) asset to Orbolt, it can be downloaded as a full Commercial asset after approval. I don't know what the license agreement says or doesn't say about re-selling those elsewhere, so don't quote me on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.