Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini for 2D in Unity- Z lock option
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Houdini for 2D in Unity- Z lock option
marvalgames
In Engine 1.0 I would change some of the scripts so when I added curves it would lock the Z. This way I could easily make 2d levels in Unity! Any idea how I could do this now with the Beta? What I really would love to see (or learn if already possible) is a way to extend the scripts so we could make changes like this without affecting the existing scripts. Then I could update without redoing changes.. With or without any of that I really think you should look into adding some support and options in the Inspector for the plugin for some 2D support. I think this would have a decent amount of interest. Even if is just locking the Z . I also added snap support when I modified 1.0.
seelan
You can set a plane as the collider on the Curve Editor Inspector window. That will lock the curve drawing to the plane (or any geometry you specify).

For locking the Z, how would you want to do that thru the UI? Specify a Z value and use that for all curve points?

What kind of things would you like to be available via script? I'll be doing a pass later on to make the plugin more API-friendly, and provide examples and documentation to do use via scripts. Suggestions and feedback would be welcome.

Could you further expand on what you mean by 2D support, other than just locking Z?

Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.