HQueue why, just why :D

1842   4   1
7 posts
Anyone had this issue before?

Can someone recommend a render farm option for Indie? I only have 3 machines.

HQueue runs fine on my Xeon server even with it as a client.
But my Ryzen7 system, I've never get it to render anything as a client. But it works fine if I just open Houdini Indie and render with mantra?

Cheers
Lee

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2018-03-25 22-51-58.png (1.1 MB)

Staff
1255 posts
Hello!

First off, you can ignore that crazy wall of text in the job. For historical reasons “Upgrade” jobs send XML-wrapped file contents to the machine as a way of upgrading the client.

If renders are failing on your Ryzen machine then would you be able to post the output and diagnostics file for one of the failed render jobs?

Cheers,
Rob
648 posts
leestripp
Can someone recommend a render farm option for Indie?

If its just for yourself, write shellscripts to a directory, where hosts grab & execute them. The more stupidly simple, the more reliable (not for COPs tho).
7 posts
rvinluan
Hello!

First off, you can ignore that crazy wall of text in the job. For historical reasons “Upgrade” jobs send XML-wrapped file contents to the machine as a way of upgrading the client.

If renders are failing on your Ryzen machine then would you be able to post the output and diagnostics file for one of the failed render jobs?

Cheers,
Rob

Never got an email for this?

Anyway, I fixed it by reinstalling the server (as in OS, fresh install). Still no idea what happened.

Cheers
Lee
7 posts
cpb
leestripp
Can someone recommend a render farm option for Indie?

If its just for yourself, write shellscripts to a directory, where hosts grab & execute them. The more stupidly simple, the more reliable (not for COPs tho).

Thanks for the response, HQueue is running fine now.
  • Quick Links