Pivot parameter issue

1714   3   1
4 posts
Hi Guys!

I'm totally new to Houdini so this might be a really easy question, but here it is anyway.

I have imported an animated fbx into my houdini file and the animation is on the geometry node, not the cylindershape itself. However, for the effect I need to create I need the cylinder to have the animation on it so I can bring other geometry into that geonode without it being affected by these values too.

I managed to transfer the animation using a transform node after my cylinder and pasting attributes, yet, there are all sorts of pivot offsets on my fbx geometry node that I can't seem to figure out how to transfer to my cylndershape.

Thanks so much for any help! The advice is much appreciated

Attachments:
2.png (331.5 KB)
houdini.png (338.2 KB)

355 posts
import your FBX and leave that geometry node as is, then create a new geometry node and inside that create an “object merge” SOP and use your FXB object in the object param of the object merge SOP and set the transform param to “into this object” and now you have the animated point positions in SOPS and you can copy these positions to any other SOP. Hope that helps.
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
4 posts
Hi miccetro!

I'll be sure to try this!
Thanks so much for the help!!
66 posts
Any options to handle these offsets without making a new geo type container and merging that you know of? I'm searching for a way to completely bake in and delete these offset parameters while maintaining the original geo container object.

Thank you,
Clayton
  • Quick Links