Search - User list
Full Version: fluid vertex animation shader not working with Universal Windows Platform
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » fluid vertex animation shader not working with Universal Windows Platform
Fuzzinator1234
I'm trying to use the vertex animation shader provided in the game dev tools, everything works perfectly in standard PC build but the instant I switch to Universal Windows Platform, everything gets really weird. the animations still happen but the model acts like its trying to animate around a square in the center. In the screenshot I have a “melt object” straight from Houdini that should be completely flat but this is the result. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
seelan
Try turning Export for Mobile option on in the vertex animation texture exporter tool.
Fuzzinator1234
seelanv
Try turning Export for Mobile option on in the vertex animation texture exporter tool.
Unfortunately, that had the exact same results.
seelan
Could you attach a simplified version of your project with the problem and relevant files?
Fuzzinator1234
Heres a zip of my a simplified version of my project. I added the .hip file to the main assets folder
seelan
Thanks for attaching the example. Looks like Unity is converting the texture from RGBA Half (16-bit per pixel) to RGBA 32-bit automatically when going from Standard PC build to UWP. The conversion is most likely losing the required data. Try re-exporting from the Vertex Animation Texture tool as TGA instead, with Export for Mobile turned on. Also make sure to set import settings such that power of 2 is none or disabled, wrap mode to repeat, filter mode to point, and compression to None.
Fuzzinator1234
seelanv
Thanks for attaching the example. Looks like Unity is converting the texture from RGBA Half (16-bit per pixel) to RGBA 32-bit automatically when going from Standard PC build to UWP. The conversion is most likely losing the required data. Try re-exporting from the Vertex Animation Texture tool as TGA instead, with Export for Mobile turned on. Also make sure to set import settings such that power of 2 is none or disabled, wrap mode to repeat, filter mode to point, and compression to None.

I tried your suggestion and the result was better but it still doesnt look quite right.
seelan
Attach your textures please.
Fuzzinator1234
currently im only using the displacemap
seelan
I tried using the new texture but looks like the parameters aren't correct, or need the other generated files as well. Could you attach your entire project?
Fuzzinator1234
Not to worry I was finally able to get it working. I used the .exr default for the export textures and used the import override option on the texture to force it to import the texture under the RGBA Half setting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.