Search - User list
Full Version: Install problem UE4 4.19 and Houdini Engine
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Install problem UE4 4.19 and Houdini Engine
GILPStudio
Hello guys. Am I doing something wrong?

-updated Ue4 to 4.19.
-went to GitHub and downloaded the new H.engine version, ‘houdini16.5-Unreal4.19’
-copied the content in the ‘UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\HoudiniEngine’ folder

Tried to open Ue4 4.19 project and got “the following modules are missing or build with a different engine version” error. Tried to rebuild it but got the ‘can’t compile it' message.

I have the Houdini Indie 16.5.378.

Thanks,
Samuel
dpernuit
Hi Samuel,

I guess you're using the installed version of UE4.19, and are not compiling it from source?

The Houdini Engine plugin on the github is only the sources, there are no binaries for it, so you need to build it with unreal engine.

If you're not building Unreal from sources, I suggest you install the latest 16.5, as the plug-in in the houdini installer comes with the binaries, so doesnt need to be built.

Let me know if that solved your issue!
GILPStudio
dpernuit
Hi Samuel,

I guess you're using the installed version of UE4.19, and are not compiling it from source?

The Houdini Engine plugin on the github is only the sources, there are no binaries for it, so you need to build it with unreal engine.

If you're not building Unreal from sources, I suggest you install the latest 16.5, as the plug-in in the houdini installer comes with the binaries, so doesnt need to be built.

Let me know if that solved your issue!

Ah, the last installer automatically installed the Houdini Engine inside UE4's folder. It works perfectly, thank you =}
ajz3d
I just upgraded from 378 to 439 and installed Houdini Engine plugin for UE4 4.19 in the process. However, HE plugin is nowhere to be found and when I try to import an .hdalc asset, UE4 yells at me that the file I'm trying to import has unknown extension.

I have UE4 installed in a non-default location (“c:\Epic Games\UE_4.19” instead of “c:\Program Files\UE_4.19”). Maybe this is the culprit?
dpernuit
Hi,

It's likely that the installer somehow failed to detect your unreal install folder…

You can manually copy the plugin files by copying the HoudiniEngine folder in Houdini16.5.439/engine/unreal/4.19 to your unreal Runtime plugin folder. ( In your case, it should be C:\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\Runtime )
ajz3d
Many thanks. That solved it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.