Search - User list
Full Version: Moving from Maya to Houdini
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Moving from Maya to Houdini
Joe Dickenson
Hi,

I have been using Maya for about 6 years got on well with it but found it almost illogical to use and slow.

I have tried Houdini over the past week and have found it very useless friendly and faster to use than Maya.

How are Houdini's modelling tools compared to Maya?

I have looked at a few simple tutorials on modeling and they seem good so far and i like the node editor alot (i usually hate using stuff like that but it just seems to work great and makes things faster)

I currently do alot of stuff in unreal ranging from game assets to massive scenes and high poly characters for CGI short films for clients and motion capture etc and did the bulk of the work in maya then exposed it across etc.

I'm wondering what i should look out for in Houdini (good or bad)

So far im getting a great vibe from Houdini!

Kind regards
Joe
anon_user_89151269
Start a small project that involves all the areas you're interested in and see how it goes.
10x more relevant for you, than various, sometimes diametrically opposed, opinions you would get from users. Ask for help along the way, you'll most likely receive lots of it on this forum.
Joe Dickenson
McNistor
Start a small project that involves all the areas you're interested in and see how it goes.
10x more relevant for you, than various, sometimes diametrically opposed, opinions you would get from users. Ask for help along the way, you'll most likely receive lots of it on this forum.

Cheers thanks for the reply

That's a good way of going about it actually didn't think of that! I shall crack on and see what happens, If I get stuck I'll comeback and ask

Thanks alot
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.