Capture "bones" only and not "hierarchies"?

1158   9   1
403 posts
How can i explude bones out of a catpure node please? Apparently selecting a single bone still includes all its children bones as well into the selection.

Cheers,

A.
Staff
3455 posts
when you use the Capture Geometry tool - look at the top Toolbar - there will be a dropdown where you can choose ‘Root of Skeleton’ or ‘Individual Bones’
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1755 posts
goldfarb
when you use the Capture Geometry tool - look at the top Toolbar - there will be a dropdown where you can choose ‘Root of Skeleton’ or ‘Individual Bones’

I'm guilty of failing to notice settings on that top-bar for various tools too. But that is more of a recommendation for a “next time” case.

For cases where the capturing is already done and tweaked, the only way I've figured out to remove a bone's influence is to set its weights to 0 in the Edit capture weights Spreadsheet. Not bad, but not the most elegant/straightforward way either.
Staff
3455 posts
oh sorry - I misunderstood…
to remove a bone from the capture you can use the Capture Correct SOP - it has a field to remove a region.
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1755 posts
I don think you've misunderstood. My intention was to add to the information to include more cases, not as a correction.
Cheers!
Staff
3455 posts
hahaha - talking to two different people
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1755 posts
Since we're here or in order to not open another thread - is there a way to get rid of the “inverted normal” look the bones have after a mirroring in a rig? Short of scaling back from -1 to 1, which wouldn't be practical - flipping and all that.
403 posts
goldfarb

Hmmm… so that is assuming i would use those shelves tools to capture my bones, which i wasn't doing. Makes sense now… kinda :$

Thanks for pointing that at me, appreciated.

A.
403 posts
inhiding
goldfarb

I'm guilty of failing to notice settings on that top-bar for various tools too. But that is more of a recommendation for a “next time” case.

For cases where the capturing is already done and tweaked, the only way I've figured out to remove a bone's influence is to set its weights to 0 in the Edit capture weights Spreadsheet. Not bad, but not the most elegant/straightforward way either.

yeah, second time in my first day of rigging in Houdini that i miss those dropdown toolbar, can't say i find the choice of context and location for those to make the most sense If anything i think they shold be on a node or so.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - April 20, 2018 12:06:05
403 posts
inhiding
Since we're here …..

NO… get your own thread!

And i mean it in a Batman / Robin meme kinda way.

Just joshin…

A.
  • Quick Links