Scale Up Geometry When a Point is Created (Copy to Points or Copy Stamp?)

1753   5   0
3 posts
I'm a very new user and have been searching for a while to find how to do this, but haven't had luck just yet.
I have a set up that creates points along my geometry and then infects the points with red over time. I want to have my sphere geometry scale up (from 0 to 1) as it copies to the points that are now red. When the sphere spawns, I want a simple animation rather than the spheres just popping on. When I do this, the closest I can get is getting all the spheres to scale up at once, not individually when they spawn at the point. I'm certain I'm just missing something simple, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
Infect_2.hiplc (164.5 KB)

2036 posts
Adjust @pscale on the points to be used for the copy to points.
3 posts
Got it, that's getting me closer. Since I'm so new at this, I know I'm still doing it wrong since the geometry is still uniformly scaling rather than based on when each point appears. Maybe my set up is incorrect for what I want to accomplish?
69 posts
You can use @age or @life attributes to drive the scale animation when it appears. There is @nage that are normalise to 0 to 1.
3 posts
I may have to go back to the drawing board on this one. I gave that a shot too but all that happens is the individual spheres all scale at once, and not when they appear. I think I may just be too inexperienced to crack this one at the moment.
69 posts
Attached is an asset that I did for a recent project of mine which you can study on your own as I didn't put any notes in it but the node structure is not that complicated if you can figure out how wrangle works.

Attachments:
sparksDemo.hipnc (251.9 KB)

• Quick Links