MotionFx / Chop animation onto a bone chain? (Automatic cycled tail animation)

1264   1   1
408 posts
And here i come again today on an other nooby quest to figure how to automate the animation of a tail bone chain, which in my case really are the branches of a really surreal funky flower of which i'd like to automate some elegant curly animation. I've set up bones and used chops to get some custom controled non-uniform rotation, and after a bit of struggle keeping the normals stable, i'm onto now to push this last bit of rigging to the ultimate bit of awesomness my planning can allow, and mix witht hat some automated wavy taily tentacle-ish motion. I've tried with an attribute VOP with some AAFLOW noise remapped on a ramp to keep the base steady while the tip are waving around, but i'm hoping for a more “ondulating” wavy motion, like the tail of a cat or tentacles for instance.

Also question, it looks like the CHOP does not take into count the “cycle” channel properties i've set onto my controller's animation? any idea why please?

Thanks pointing the way.
Edited by Adriano - April 24, 2018 18:02:32

Attachments:
Flower.JPG (979.6 KB)
example.hiplc (515.1 KB)

408 posts
CHOPS are HARD, so i gave up for now, using VOPS, plain easier with sin functions. But it's not yet that awesome cat tail / tentacle motion I'm after. I'd like to randomize the sin function axises now….

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - April 25, 2018 15:43:23

Attachments:
example2.hiplc (613.9 KB)

• Quick Links