Bake Ocean Foam Texture

1976   1   1
9 posts
Hello,
I'm working on creating an ocean using Houdini; but due to the way our production works, I can't render using Mantra in Houdini. Instead I need to export maps that can be used by a different rendering software. Baking displacements for the spectra is pretty straight forward, but I'm a bit stuck baking out a foam texture. I'm not very familiar with Houdini's material networks or texture baking. Is there a straight-forward way of doing this? Or can someone point me the general direction I should go to bake a foam texture?

Thanks,
2 posts
Calibrix
Hello,
I'm working on creating an ocean using Houdini; but due to the way our production works, I can't render using Mantra in Houdini. Instead I need to export maps that can be used by a different rendering software. Baking displacements for the spectra is pretty straight forward, but I'm a bit stuck baking out a foam texture. I'm not very familiar with Houdini's material networks or texture baking. Is there a straight-forward way of doing this? Or can someone point me the general direction I should go to bake a foam texture?

Thanks,

Following
  • Quick Links