inheriting point velocity from an animated object

4987   8   1
27 posts
hi there, im transferring vel to my rbd pieces, the problem is, after checking “inherit velocity from point” in rbd packed , it just works in one single frame and i don't have something like a “set always” option there, i tried to retrieve v information through sop solver with a point function, it reads the Vel along the path of my animated object from which velocity attr is retrieved.. but gravity doesn't work that way as it just reads vel forever … what can i do for this ? (attached the file) .. thanks ..

Attachments:
vel inherit from animated obj.hip (258.2 KB)

483 posts
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/31356-inherit-velocity-rbd-packed-object/ [forums.odforce.net]

what you need to transfer is the active state, not the velocity, if I'm right.
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
209 posts
Hello Behzad.
I have look to your HIP file.
Your force attribute is not exist in packed_out node just take look at Geometry Spreadsheet to see.
If using N instead of force then everything will be good.
Edited by N-G - April 29, 2018 13:20:08

Attachments:
vel inherit from animated obj FIXED.hip (271.2 KB)

27 posts
matthias_k
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/31356-inherit-velocity-rbd-packed-object/ [forums.odforce.net]

what you need to transfer is the active state, not the velocity, if I'm right.

i guess that i need more time to get what's going on in those .hip files in that page, but seems to be the real solution .. thanks a lot ..
27 posts
N-G
Hello Behzad.
I have look to your HIP file.
Your force attribute is not exist in packed_out node just take look at Geometry Spreadsheet to see.
If using N instead of force then everything will be good.

hi N-G , sorry for the hip file, i uploaded that last test, my real test was to use V with that point function .. not force .. you re getting it to work but not the way it should actually .. cuz the force that is applied to the pieces kinda drops after the first frame .. i want to have equal amount of force applied to it.. thanks a lot for checking out the file and time ..
118 posts
I believe I had the same issue, but for particles, that would inherit velocity only for the first frame.
I ended up using a Pop Wrangle to read for every frame the velocity attribute from my points.
This is the code I used in the wrangle, whose input1 is the sop path to my points in the geo:
@v = point(0, “v”, @id);

I don't know if u can do this with rbd too.
Edited by Andr1 - April 29, 2018 16:37:10
209 posts
behzad_ph
hi N-G , sorry for the hip file, i uploaded that last test, my real test was to use V with that point function .. not force .. you re getting it to work but not the way it should actually .. cuz the force that is applied to the pieces kinda drops after the first frame .. i want to have equal amount of force applied to it.. thanks a lot for checking out the file and time ..

You should look for a logic to do this.
Just crating an affect attribute which stores a frame number and use that to decide @v should modify or not.
See this HIP file.
Edited by N-G - April 30, 2018 05:33:11

Attachments:
vel inherit from animated obj FIXED V2.hip (278.1 KB)

27 posts
Andr1
I believe I had the same issue, but for particles, that would inherit velocity only for the first frame.
I ended up using a Pop Wrangle to read for every frame the velocity attribute from my points.
This is the code I used in the wrangle, whose input1 is the sop path to my points in the geo:
@v = point(0, “v”, @id);

I don't know if u can do this with rbd too.
thanks andre1 but i had tested it with this very solution but no luck, as it makes the objects fly without the gravity affecting it !
27 posts
N-G
behzad_ph

You should look for a logic to do this.
Just crating an affect attribute which stores a frame number and use that to decide @v should modify or not.
See this HIP file.
@N-G very nice solution .. thanks a lot ….
  • Quick Links