Hqueue can only write images in $JOB or $HIP directory?

72   2   1
6 posts
Short version:

My HQueue Render node is giving me an error message “The value of the Output Picture parameter in /out/mantra1 must start with $HIP or $JOB”. Why is that? Can't I just write my images wherever I want them? Is there a workaround to this?

Further details:

I am trying to use HQueue to write out .ifd files to /a/b/c/file.$F.ifd, which will I will then copy over to be rendered on a different system, to make /one/two/three/file.$F.exr. I am using a HQueue Render node and setting Output Driver to a Mantra node that's set up to write .ifds to /a/b/c. The eventual path of the images, /one/two/three, doesn't exist on the cluster where I am writing the .ifds. But HQueue seems to be forcing me to write “/one/two/three/file.exr” in terms of /a/b/c, which isn't going to work. What should I do?
22 posts
Sorry, I don't really use HQueue, but just thought I'd mention you might be able to use /../ tokens in your parameter if there's the limitation of having to start it with $HIP or $JOB. That'll allow you to go up in the folder structure and hopefully reach the path you're looking for. I know this won't solve your whole problem but it might help you find a solution.
6 posts
Thanks, that's a good guess and I tried that too. Unfortunately this does not work.
  • Quick Links