Search - User list
Full Version: Duplicate asset without scripts attached
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Duplicate asset without scripts attached
aig_vr
Hello! I am using Houdini Engine 16.5.473 with Unity 2018.1.0f2. The new plug-in is an improvement since we updated from HE16.5.405.

When I make a prefab from the HDA, all of our scripts are attached to the Prefab which is great. When we duplicate the asset via the Duplicate button, the scripts don't carry over to the duplicated asset. Is there a way to keep the scripts on the duplicated asset?

Glen
seelan
Yes, you're right that it doesn't carry over. I'll add to my list to implement it.
aig_vr
seelanv
Yes, you're right that it doesn't carry over. I'll add to my list to implement it.
Thanks for adding it to the list!
Glen
seelan
As of 16.5.483, attached scripts to output gameobjects will now be copied over when using duplicate asset. Note that keeping material overrides on cooking was also added in this latest build, so there was a bit of an output generation overhaul.

Check the changelogs for more info: https://www.sidefx.com/changelog/ [www.sidefx.com]
aig_vr
Thanks for the assistance!
Glen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.