Erratic wire movement

1525   2   1
310 posts
Sorry for the lack of hip file, but I'm experiencing some weird wire issues. In the attached picture, you can see two curves circled in blue. If you look at them, you can see that the red part of the curve is where the curve is attached to the root. For some reason, there is an extra bend in my curve, that doesn't fall naturally against the head. This results in some erratic wires in my groom. I can make all the curves fall closer to the head by changing the spatial scale, but I want to resolve this problem without changing the movement of my sim. Also, increasing the substeps from 1 to 3 reduces the motion of my sim and doesn't resolve the erratic wire issue either. If anyone has experienced this, or has any tips, any help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
wire_problem.png (192.3 KB)

897 posts
Do you have collision on the head? If so- make sure that it doesn't intersect with the wires.
B.Henriksson, DICE
310 posts
None of the curves are intersecting the collision geometry at the start frame of the sim, then they move into place collide against the head. The roots are fine, but i still get some stray strands that don't obey physics.
  • Quick Links